Main responsibility is to provide Maintenance Engineering for EMC’s z/Series software products. Represent SSCO Mainframe Software Maintenance Engineering group in cross-functional Engineering meetings. Must be able to work independently, coordinate activities, and possess high initiative and strong problem solving skills. Must communicate well and interact effectively on highly technical topics with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
Principal Duties And
Provide technical support and direction for
EMC customer initiatives, including implementation planning, Root Cause
investigation, problem recreation, solution test plan reviews and related
Assist with z/Series Software Product related
proof-of-concept and solution qualification testing.
Perform zSeries Software Product feature/function
and fix verification, and provide product and documentation change
recommendations for integration into the development process.
Provide technical assistance and direction for
z/Series Software Products to EMC headquarters and field
Provide ad-hoc testing assistance to z/Series
Software Development and the MF SW Maintenance group.
Experience and Education
Working knowledge of z/OS, including JCL, TSO,
REXX, ISPF, JES2, SMP/E, IBM utilities.
Experience with assembler programming and
debugging, and third party software applications.
Minimum of 8 years of Mainframe experience.
BS/MS in Computer Science.
· Working knowledge of IBM diagnostic facilities (GTF, LOGREC, CTRACE, SVCDUMPS, IPCS).
· Knowledge of I/O Subsystems, experience with channel programming (CCW).
· Experience with EMC zSeries Software Products and solution implementations (Consistency Groups, SRDF Host Component, TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder/Clone EMCSNAP, and SRDF/A, MSC, Star, AutoSwap, and GDDR solutions).
· Medical insurance for employees and their families
· Life insurance
· Paid personal/sick/vacation days
· Corporate cell phone service
· Partial sport reimbursement
· Professional training programs
· English courses
· Opportunity to work in a flexible schedule
· Comfortable office location (1 min from metro station Vasileostrovskaya)
· Relocation package for candidates from other cities