Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell Technologies Inc. – Dell EMC company is represented by the following legal entities registered in Russia: “EMC Research and development center” LLC and “EMC Information Systems CIS” LLC in Moscow; “EMC St. Petersburg Development Centre LLC” in St. Petersburg.**
Mainframe z/OS Software Engineer develops software solutions for internal clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Design system level architecture, be a visionary, provide input to product direction and strategy.
- Actively seek customer input, take responsibility for customer issues and providing solutions.
- Provide z/OS system automation and related activities.
- Act as a prime consultant on critical projects that impact long term organizational goals and objectives.
- Contribute technical expertise to help determines requirements and functional specifications for entire system.
- Contribute to cost/delivery/quality targets.
- Work effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, to share readily information with others.
- Hands on experience with IBM Mainframe zOS Operating System.
- zOS JCL knowledge and experience.
- Mainframe Assembler, REXX knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter and appropriate development languages.
- Knowledge of DELL/EMC Storage System a plus.
- C/C++ (or other programming language) knowledge is a plus.
- Problem solving skills.
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
- Understanding of business environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
Joining Us, You Will Get
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview.
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and family in Russia and abroad.
- Corporate trainings and certifications; Corporate English Classes.
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and Working from home.
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off.
- Paid sick days; Doctor’s consultation at the office.
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities.
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre.
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities.
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events.
- Corporate laptop.