Position C/C++ Developer
Candidate will be joining a newly forming team working on modernizing old mission critical products which assure operation of hundreds of installations worldwide.
Preference will be given to applicants with previous zOS exposure.
Candidates are expected to learn z platform through education and internal knowledge transfer.
Candidates are expected to be given any opportunity to learn modern development techniques.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Designing, implementing, testing and deploying software solutions
- Providing analysis and solutions of reported problems
- Experience with and extensive knowledge of Object Oriented and Advanced techniques:
- Production experience programming the internals of one or more of the following:
- OS level code (device drivers, kernel modules, etc.). Linux/Unix preferred
- Database engines
- Network protocols
- Excellent understanding and proven experience using their computer science knowledge, especially data structures
- High-level application programming
- Software application development using scripting languages
- Server-side development, knowledge of REST
- Code versioning and repository management
- Application structure and design
- Code performance and optimization
- Implementation, deployment and delivery
- Data analysis and processing
- Experience in Agile development
- Familiarity with zOS platform is a desired bonus
- Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Languages Optional : Assembler, MetalC, Java,Rexx
Communication : English is a must
Bonus points Basics of/familiarity with zOS, zLinux, zVM
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related discipline or a combination of education and experience
- Relocation to an EU based hub
- Rockets leads and assists you all the way through immigration and relocation process, including family move and initial stay.
- Medical and social benefits packages are standard.
- Salary is negotiable and based on experience and skills.