Principle Software Engineer (Mainframe)
Provide Sustaining Engineering and Symmetrix Software Customer Operations support for EMC’s z/Series software products. Represent SSCO Mainframe Software Sustaining Engineering group in cross-functional Engineering meetings. Must be able to work independently, coordinate activities, and possess high initiative and strong problem solving skills. Must communicate well and interact effectively on highly technical topics with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
· Provide technical support and direction for EMC customer initiatives, including implementation planning, Root Cause investigation, problem recreation, solution test plan reviews and related ad-hoc testing
· Assist with z/Series Software Product related proof-of-concept and solution qualification testing.
· Perform zSeries Software Product feature/function and fix verification, and provide product and documentation change recommendations for integration into the development process.
· Provide technical assistance and direction for z/Series Software Products to EMC headquarters and field technicians.
· Provide ad-hoc testing assistance to z/Series Software Development and the MF SW Sustaining group.
Experience and Education
· In-depth experience with EMC zSeries Software Products and solution implementations, including ResourcePak-Base, Consistency Groups, SRDF Host Component, TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder/Clone EMCSNAP, and SRDF/A, MSC, Star, AutoSwap, and GDDR solutions.
· Working knowledge of z/OS, including JCL, TSO, REXX, ISPF, JES2, SMP/E, IBM utilities, IBM diagnostic facilities (GTF, LOGREC,CTRACE, SVCDUMPS).
· Experience with assembler programming and debugging, and third party software applications.
· Minimum of 10 years of Mainframe experience required. BS in Computer Science is preferred.