FICON Driver Developer, VMAX Mainframe
EMC Russia Center of Excellence
Today, information technology is being transformed by four powerful trends—mobile, cloud computing, Big Data and social networking. Our strategy is to lead our customers on their journey to transform both their IT and business to stay ahead of these market trends.
We pursue this strategy through our unique EMC Federation that includes EMC Information Infrastructure (EMCii), VMware, Pivotal and RSA.
EMC Corporation is the world leader in information management solutions that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion of content. We help people and businesses around the world unleash the power of their digital information.
If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 60,000+ EMCers around the world.
We are looking for an engineer to join our team responsible for developing and maintaining Linux drivers that support the FICON interface. FICON is a protocol that runs on top of Fibre Channel and is the interface used to connect the Disk Library for Mainframe (DLM) to the mainframe. DLm brings together technology from our Data Domain, VNX, Symmetrix and Mainframe development groups, to create a Mainframe Virtual Tape appliance.
You will be a contributing development engineer, and participate in product design, review, system integration, and validation. You will work in the Linux kernel and user space environments on a variety of high performance drivers and applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert skills in C programing
- Experience writing and debugging Linux kernel drivers for a multi processor environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of the FICON and Fibre Channel protocols
- Ability to communicate well through both written and spoken English
- Experience with products through the entire product development cycle (specification & design, implementation, documentation, bug tracking system, code version control)
- Ability to work in teams that have a wide range of development skill
- Self-motivated in his/her work
Other Desired Skills & Experience
- Skilled in various scripting and development languages including Bash/Python/Perl.
- IBM channel knowledge
- PowerPC embedded processor development experience
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks
- Working knowledge of IP networks, including experience with both WAN and LAN technologies
- Experience with any storage subsystems
- Fluent English
Joining us, you will get:
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview, but not lower than the markets average
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and your family in Russia and abroad
- Opportunity to train in different sport teams: volleyball, football, kicker, chess, cycling, etc
- Opportunity to participate in sports competitions among IT Community
- Corporate trainings and certifications; Corporate English Classes
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and Working from home
- 33 days of paid vacation days plus 5 paid days off
- Paid sick days; Doctor’s consultation at the office
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events
- Corporate cell phone service and laptop
- EMC Corporation stocks options available