Senior/Principal Software L3 Support Engineer
Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve standard to complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from EMC Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls and Web Support Calls. Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex technical problems. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures. This is a critical role in a fast paced environment in which you will work with a team of top-notch Escalation Support engineers in EMC’s Disk Library for Mainframe group. Primary responsibilities include remote debugging of software and hardware issues with mainframe tape emulation products.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work directly with customers to support some legacy products. Escalate to development engineers as required.
- Provide escalation and expertise for lower tier support groups for virtual tape products. Interface with development engineers for issues requiring code changes.
- Provide documentation and occasional training to lower tier support and other technical groups for tape emulation products.
- Provide technical expertise to sales or field service organizations for critical accounts.
- As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating System.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of problem determination.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work closely with team members, engineering, and support groups.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor, and motivate other team members.
Other Desired Skills & Experience
- A basic understanding of Mainframe environments and Mainframe customer expectations
- Experience working with Mainframe tape or tape replacement solutions.
- A good understanding of NFS storage protocol. Knowledge of other protocols, including OCFS/2 and EMC VNX desired.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years of experience as an individual contributor in technical support or computer engineering;
- A Master/Specialist degree in a Computer Science related discipline.