Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Mainframe project
Testing and QA of applications running on mainframe and communicating with EMC Symmetrix storage.
Senior QA Engineer:
- Responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for
ensuring the quality and service ability of new features and releases
- Responsible for updating methods and procedures
to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and
serviceability standards. Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Maintains and modifies test environment and configuration as needed,
creates new test environments and configurations to meet test cases or
problem recreation requirements.
- Documents test results and
manages and maintains defect and test case databases to assist in the
continuous improvement and modification of software. SKILLS
- Assists in
the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new
functions/features under - development Works with quality and
development engineers in resolution of problems.
competent in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test
environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and
• Knowledge of MF ( z/OS, s/390/370/60, JCL, REXX, IBM Utilities, MF Application )
• System Administration in MF
• Installation of Applications
• Understanding of testing, qualification or certification
• Intermediate Proficiency in English
• Experience in working with other offshore teams (with US)
• Team Player
• Communication skills.
• Understanding of business environment.
• Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
• Problem solving skills.
• Storage Management and Administration
• Testing methodologies
• Test tools
• Experience in Storage products is a plus ( XRC, PPRC, TimeFinder, SRDF, backup and recovery tools )
• Experience in EMC or IBM Storage products and applications